Sunday, April 09, 2006

To a Great Man I Call : DAD


When I was a little girl, you were my superhero-
Infallible, even after life’s hardest blow.
Through my childhood, you were my building block,
You created my foundation and anchored it like a rock.

When I felt strained by life’s complexity,
Your firm presence gave me deeper security.
Hence, in the face of adversary I did not surrender,
And you kept me from crumbling under pressure.

Words fail to describe how stoic you are:
A quality that shines like the brightest star-
Especially in the darkest and gloomiest night.
Through life’s hardest, you remain the light.

I know you will always be there, through the good and the bad.
Any man can be a father, but it takes a great man to be a Dad.
To me, you will forever be the best Dad in the world.
And I will forever be, your little girl.


3 Comments:

Blogger char said...

nice poem mun! how r u..take care!

11:51 PM  
Blogger calnqe said...

oh man, i wish i cld write smth like that for my dad. argh, its so beautiful.

9:05 PM  
Blogger calnqe said...

hi charlene above me!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home