Friday, August 04, 2006

For the Love of You


Here I stand before you, without a shield-
Like a child left in an open field.

To drop my defenses, down by my clothes,
I bare you my soul, with my skin exposed.

My skin is flawed with the marks you leave.
In these scars, are my reasons to live.

And on my heart, you leave an engraving,
Of your name, like the one inside my ring.

With every tender touch and every kiss,
You imprint on me a state of bliss.

My heart soars across star-lit skies
Everytime I look into your eyes.


In taking that blind leap of faith, with no safety net,
I would plunge over and over with no regret.

'Cause I'd rather feel the heartache through and through,
Than to never feel what it's like to be loved by you.


I once thought love was a trick of mind,
An illusion, impossible to find.

But since I met you, I began to see,
That love is real - it's in you and me.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home